For students, important next steps include:
- Get an application form (if needed) and a Record Book from Ms. Browne by Monday, Dec. 9
- Record progress in record book (when you volunteer, develop a skill, do fitness and so on)
- Ask questions and get answers if confused
- Keep fingers crossed for good weather so training and hikes (or explorations) can be organized for this spring and summer
- Look for 5-day opportunities to learn/develop away from home (residential project for Gold)
- Encourage parents to volunteer!
If you hope to volunteer in any capacity, a certificate of conduct from the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary (RNC) is required. A letter from the school is attached; please bring it to the RNC so the fee is waived. This form is not needed if you are already a school district employee. This clearance doesn’t take long and will be sent directly to Gonzaga once you complete the form.
Complete details about the Program and new guidelines are available at http://www.intaward.org/about-the-award. For any clarification, Trudy can be reached at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. She can also be reached by phoning 709-753-0423.
Thanks again for your interest and consideration. We hope you will become a volunteer and help the skilled and experienced volunteers ensure the program continues to be a meaningful experience for the students.